I simply love the ministry of Craig Groeschel. One of his core values is to lead the way with irrational generosity because he truly believes it is more blessed to give than to receive.
If we are going to follow the pathway to irrational generosity we will need to turn a deaf ear to old voices and then, open our heart to new choices. We will need to begin with this praise and prayer…
“Thank you Lord for renewing my mind today. Teach me your ways.”
The Bible says in 2 Samuel 5:6-9 NIV, “The king (David) and his men marched to Jerusalem to attack the Jebusites, who lived there. The Jebusites said to David, ‘You will not get in here; even the blind and the lame can ward you off.’ They thought, ‘David cannot get in here.’ Nevertheless, David captured the fortress of Zion, the City of David. On that day, David said, ‘Anyone who conquers the Jebusites will have to use the water shaft to reach those ‘lame and blind’ who are David’s enemies.’ That is why they say, ‘The blind and lame will not enter the palace.’ David then took up residence in the fortress and called it the City of David.'”
There are two types of thought that continually vie for our attention. One says, “Yes I can.” The other says, “No, you can’t”. One says “God will help you.” And the other, “God has left you.” One speaks the language of faith and the other the language of fear. One proclaims God’s strengths and the other lists your failures. One longs to build you up and the other does its best to tear you down.
Here’s the great news…you get to choose. God wants all of us to follow David’s example. When everyone was focused on the obvious…David thought the unusual. Following his example during the coming year will cause you to do what no one expects and achieve what no one imagines.
I encourage you to pray this prayer with me today. “Dear Lord Jesus, help me to open my heart and mind to new possibilities. Nothing is impossible to You and nothing is impossible to anyone who believes that nothing is impossible to You. You are a Great and Mighty God. Nothing is too difficult for you. Lord, I pray that over the coming year, you will help me to:
- Keep Growing. “I pray that your love for each other will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in your knowledge and understanding.” Philippians 1:9
- Continue to Rejoice. “…the fact remains that the message about Christ is being preached, so I rejoice. And I will continue to rejoice.” Philippians 1:18
- Be Bold. “And because of my imprisonment, many of the Christians here have gained confidence and become more bold in telling others about Christ.” Philippians 1:14
- Be Humble. “Don’t be selfish; don’t live to make a good impression on others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourself.” Philippians 2:3
- Be Generous. “Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.” 2 Corinthians 9:10-11
I love you!
If you would like your year-end gift to be included on your 2016 Contribution Statement, it must be received online or postmarked by midnight on Saturday, December 31.
Remember that you are able to make your contribution to Destiny Reformation Ministries through our Kindrid Smart Giving Platform.
With Smart Giving, you can give quickly to DRM, you can set up scheduled gifts, and easily track and adjust your giving. You can begin today with your smartphone by texting the word GIVE and any gift amount to (512) 456-3421. Example: Give $250